Friday, December 23, 2011

Harris Shutter

 First long exposure shot with my home made Harris Shutter.
 Notice the color in the star trails.
 Rainbow Fire...
 San Francisco subway. Unfortunately, I did not have my tripod on me, which makes for very bad pics.
Completed Harris Shutter, made with duct tape, construction paper, and some color filters I found.

This past week I built a Harris Shutter, based off of a few different descriptions and ideas I had read. The idea of a Harris Shutter is to expose a photo through Red, Blue, and Green filters, and capture some form of movement. Most all of what I was able to find online was done using photoshop, however, as I am a bit of a photo purist, I decided to give a go at building one. Please forgive me for the low quality of these images, as I am still experimenting! I hope to post a few more shots, and a complete tutorial on how to build and use a Harris Shutter in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment